Happy National Junk Food Day! (July 21st)
The pic you see above is actually something I once bought for my husband for Valentine's Day. LOL!
Casinos.com analyzed Google Trends and search data to determine the current most popular junk foods in each state.
No fast food because it has its own holiday...and nothing healthy allowed obviously.
PA is down at the bottom with its own unique favorite. My sweet favorite behind Sour Patch Kids...speaking of...
- America’s favorite junk food 2023 is … Sour Patch Kids. Fave in seven states: Arizona, California, Delaware, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan and North Carolina. (these are also my favorite non chocolate candy snack)
- KitKat is the most popular chocolate bar, it’s the favorite in Nevada, New York, Oregon and Washington.
- Pringles also did well and were the favorite in four states: Illinois, Indiana, Montana and Utah.
- Skittles win in two states: Idaho and Nebraska.
- Starburst got two as well: Minnesota and Washington, D.C.
- Animal crackers are the favorite in Maine, Missouri, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia.
- Butterfinger is the top choice in Alabama, Kentucky and Tennessee.
- Nerds are the favorite in Florida, South Carolina and Virginia.
- Fruit Roll Ups are the favorite of Alaska and Louisiana.
- Gummy Bears win in two states: Colorado and Hawaii.
- Cheez-Its are the favorite junk food in Kansas and Oklahoma.
- And a lot of junk foods were the favorite in just one state. Doritos - Arkansas, Granola Bars - Connecticut, Milk Duds - Georgia, Oreos - Iowa, Ruffles - Mississippi, Milky Way - New Hampshire, Chips Ahoy! - New Jersey, Beef Jerky - New Mexico, Twizzlers - North Dakota, Reese’s - Ohio, Swedish Fish - Pennsylvania, Baby Ruth - South Dakota, M&M’s - Wisconsin and Twinkie - Wyoming.