Burger King and McDonald’s have both been around for over 50 years with Mickey D’s having over 13,000 locations and Burger King checking in with less than 8,000 according to (QSR) - Get Free Report. Competition is fierce between the two and the number of locations doesn’t tell the whole story about which chain is most popular in every state. Here are a few facts to consider.
- In 2021, McDonald’s had revenue of over $20 billion and Burger King had just under $2 billion.
- Burger King has a higher Google star review rating in 23 states
- McDonald’s has a higher Google star review ranking in 19 states
- The chains are tied in the other 8 states
- McDonald’s has higher rankings in more coastal states
- Burger King has higher rankings in more midwestern states
- States with the highest rankings get 3.8 stars and the lowest is 3.2 stars for both chains
And for Pennsylvania specifically... Burger King is rated 3.6 mean while McDonalds a 3.4.